Runner-up in last year's Salvator Mile (gr. III), Joseph Sutton's Bradester would not be denied in this year's edition July 5 at Monmouth Park.
After playing second fiddle in his prior two starts, favored Bradester finished on top in the $107,300 Ack Ack Stakes (gr. III) Sept. 6 from Churchill Downs, holding off Carve in a front-running effort by 1 3/4 lengths.
Bradester collared pacesetter Grand Contender mid-stretch and proved best in the drive for the wire to register his first stakes win in the $150,000 Mineshaft Handicap (gr. III) Feb. 22 at Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes