Mea Domina, unbeaten in four starts over Santa Anita's turf course, and Attima, victorious in her only start over the surface, will share high weight of 120 pounds in Monday's President's Day running of Santa Anita's Buena Vista Handicap (gr. IIT) for older fillies and mares at one mile.
Stronach Stables' homebred Citronnade was left alone on an easy lead and spurted away from her rivals in the stretch to win the $150,000 San Gorgonio Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares by three lengths Sunday on the Santa Anita Park turf course.
Grande Melody, winner of last month's Dahlia Handicap (gr. IIT) at Hollywood Park, could give leading 2006 North American jockey Julien Leparoux his first stakes victory at Santa Anita in the $150,000 San Gorgonio Handicap (gr. IIT) on the turf Sunday.
Grande Melody made a dramatic late charge under jockey Julien Leparoux to snare victory from favorite and fellow Irish-bred Naissance Royale at the wire in the $150,000 Dahlia Handicap (gr. IIT) as Hollywood Park's 36-day autumn meet came to a close Monday, Dec. 18.
Patrick Biancone is among five Eastern trainers planning to stable at Hollywood Park for the track's autumn meet when a division of 16 horses arrived Nov. 2.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- Stewart 'Feeling Good' About Tale of Verve
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present
- NYRA Chairman Bonomo Takes Leave of Absence
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage