History was made Friday when Grand Score went through the ring at the Keeneland January Horses of All Ages sale as the 5-year-old horse's purchase price of $25,000 pushed the sale to a new record gross.
This is the ninth in a series of early looks at next year's potential Derby horses. The migration of Europeans to the Derby trail begins Saturday when English-trained Master David tackles the Remsen Stakes for new owner Peter Minikes.
Favored The Cliff's Edge took the lead at the top of the stretch under jockey Shane Sellers and steadily drew away for an easy victory in Sunday's $113,700 Iroquios (gr. III) for 2-year-olds at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- City Wolf Joins Roster at Pleasant Acres
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- Free Mammography Screening at Turfway Dec. 27
- Ritvo to Receive Lou Smith Memorial Award
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says