History was made Friday when Grand Score went through the ring at the Keeneland January Horses of All Ages sale as the 5-year-old horse's purchase price of $25,000 pushed the sale to a new record gross.
This is the ninth in a series of early looks at next year's potential Derby horses. The migration of Europeans to the Derby trail begins Saturday when English-trained Master David tackles the Remsen Stakes for new owner Peter Minikes.
Favored The Cliff's Edge took the lead at the top of the stretch under jockey Shane Sellers and steadily drew away for an easy victory in Sunday's $113,700 Iroquios (gr. III) for 2-year-olds at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru