Crossed Sabres Farm's Valid outdueled familiar rival and favorite Bradester before shaking loose to win the $150,000 Philip H. Iselin Stakes (gr. III) Aug. 30 at Monmouth Park.
Swagger Jack, a grade I-winning son of leading sire Smart Strike, has relocated to Dana Point Farm near Lenhartsville, Pa., for the 2016 breeding season. His fee will be $3,500.
Crossed Sabres Farm's Valid won a thrilling three-horse finish in the $100,000 Fred W. Hooper Stakes (gr. III) Feb. 7 at Gulfstream Park.
Crossed Sabres Farm's Valid, a major pace factor in his previous three starts in stakes, finally broke through with a victory in the $211,000 Monmouth Cup (gr. II) for 3-year-olds and up at Monmouth Park July 27.
Malibu Prayer turned back 3-5 favorite Unrivaled Belle in upper stretch and held on gamely to win the $250,000 Ruffian Handicap (gr. I) Aug. 1 to give owner/breeder Edward P. Evans a second major victory at the Spa.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Finest City Dazzles in Santa Monica
- Page McKenney Does it Again at Laurel Park
- First Foal Arrives for Gainesway's Karakontie
- Classic Empire On Track for Holy Bull
- Turfway Barn Under Quarantine for EHV-1 Wild Strain
- Farrell Opens Season With Silverbulletday Victory
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Big-Race Drefong Named Champion Male Sprinter