Lone Star Deputy waited patiently behind horses in the stretch, found a small opening on the rail inside the final eighth of a mile and powered home to win Saturday's $100,000 Grand Prairie Turf Challenge at Lone Star Park.
A field of 12 has been drawn for the $100,000 Grand Prairie Turf Challenge April 6 at Lone Star Park. The race for 3-year-olds will be held at one mile on the turf.
Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas, opens April 4 with an appearance by Texas native Jerry Bailey, who will ride in the $50,000 Premiere Stakes that evening. Lone Star just wrapped up its March simulcasting operation with a record handle.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Player to Return on Churchill's Closing Night