Lone Star Deputy waited patiently behind horses in the stretch, found a small opening on the rail inside the final eighth of a mile and powered home to win Saturday's $100,000 Grand Prairie Turf Challenge at Lone Star Park.
A field of 12 has been drawn for the $100,000 Grand Prairie Turf Challenge April 6 at Lone Star Park. The race for 3-year-olds will be held at one mile on the turf.
Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas, opens April 4 with an appearance by Texas native Jerry Bailey, who will ride in the $50,000 Premiere Stakes that evening. Lone Star just wrapped up its March simulcasting operation with a record handle.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Orb Colt Tops Fasig-Tipton Second Session
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- No Raise for NYRA Discretionary Spending
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic