Lone Star Deputy waited patiently behind horses in the stretch, found a small opening on the rail inside the final eighth of a mile and powered home to win Saturday's $100,000 Grand Prairie Turf Challenge at Lone Star Park.
A field of 12 has been drawn for the $100,000 Grand Prairie Turf Challenge April 6 at Lone Star Park. The race for 3-year-olds will be held at one mile on the turf.
Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas, opens April 4 with an appearance by Texas native Jerry Bailey, who will ride in the $50,000 Premiere Stakes that evening. Lone Star just wrapped up its March simulcasting operation with a record handle.
Most Popular Stories
- HRRN Programming on New SiriusXM Channels
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- Keeneland September Sale Sees More Gains
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- California Chrome Arrives at Parx Racing
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- Is California Chrome Vulnerable in PA Derby?