Live Oak Plantation's Florida Won found the path to victory when he rallied up the rail in the $200,000 Presque Isle Mile Stakes Sept. 6 at Presque Isle Downs.
Live Oak Plantation's Florida Won rallied from last and outkicked Canadian classic winner Coltimus Prime in the final sixteenth to win the Ontario Derby Stakes (Can-III) Sept. 21 at Woodbine.
Live Oak Plantation's Florida Won, a $385,000 yearling trained by Mark Casse, seeks his first stakes win against an expected five rivals in the $125,000 Toronto Cup Stakes at Woodbine July 20 on the turf.
The strong pace continued Sept. 15 at the Keeneland September yearling sale, with double-digit gains in gross, average, and median.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Maker Quartet Headlines Fair Grounds 'Cap
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Hong Kong Stars to Battle on Sunday at Sha Tin
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move