Live Oak Plantation's Florida Won rallied from last and outkicked Canadian classic winner Coltimus Prime in the final sixteenth to win the Ontario Derby Stakes (Can-III) Sept. 21 at Woodbine.
Live Oak Plantation's Florida Won, a $385,000 yearling trained by Mark Casse, seeks his first stakes win against an expected five rivals in the $125,000 Toronto Cup Stakes at Woodbine July 20 on the turf.
The strong pace continued Sept. 15 at the Keeneland September yearling sale, with double-digit gains in gross, average, and median.
Most Popular Stories
- Ben's Cat Faces Tough Task in Fabulous Strike
- Cigar Mile Stakes Card Fields Taking Shape
- Wild Again Still Impacting the Breeders' Cup
- Indiana Reports Multiple Medication Sanctions
- Median Rises at Goffs Breeding Stock Opener
- JJ and Anna and Their Long Journey Together
- Suffolk Eyes Simulcast License for Next Year
- Broadcaster Edwards to Emcee Eclipse Awards
- Moore, Ortiz Line Up for HK Jockey Battle
- Monmouth, Atlantic City Granted 2015 Dates