Stakes winner Grand Minstrel has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Linda Wood's Menoken Farms near Montrose, Colo.
A weanling filly and two stallion prospects brought final bids of $50,000 each to headline the Nov. 20 session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
Hall of Fame trainer has Cool Coal Man and Cool Play in Jan. 5 seven- furlong test at Gulfstream Park.
Grand Minstrel turned in a powerful performance to win the $76,750 Capote Stakes for 2-year-olds by five lengths at Aqueduct Dec. 12.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Gold Cup Day
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park