Stakes winner Grand Minstrel has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Linda Wood's Menoken Farms near Montrose, Colo.
A weanling filly and two stallion prospects brought final bids of $50,000 each to headline the Nov. 20 session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
Hall of Fame trainer has Cool Coal Man and Cool Play in Jan. 5 seven- furlong test at Gulfstream Park.
Grand Minstrel turned in a powerful performance to win the $76,750 Capote Stakes for 2-year-olds by five lengths at Aqueduct Dec. 12.
Most Popular Stories
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Team Texas Red Partners With TV Star
- Badilla Earns Emotional Win at Golden Gate
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Shadwell Sire Bahri Pensioned in England
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- Lubash Takes West Point for Second Time