Stakes winner Grand Minstrel has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Linda Wood's Menoken Farms near Montrose, Colo.
A weanling filly and two stallion prospects brought final bids of $50,000 each to headline the Nov. 20 session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
Hall of Fame trainer has Cool Coal Man and Cool Play in Jan. 5 seven- furlong test at Gulfstream Park.
Grand Minstrel turned in a powerful performance to win the $76,750 Capote Stakes for 2-year-olds by five lengths at Aqueduct Dec. 12.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Look Back: Searching Finds Victory in 1956 Top Flight
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks