Stakes winner Grand Minstrel has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Linda Wood's Menoken Farms near Montrose, Colo.
A weanling filly and two stallion prospects brought final bids of $50,000 each to headline the Nov. 20 session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
Hall of Fame trainer has Cool Coal Man and Cool Play in Jan. 5 seven- furlong test at Gulfstream Park.
Grand Minstrel turned in a powerful performance to win the $76,750 Capote Stakes for 2-year-olds by five lengths at Aqueduct Dec. 12.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- Tiz a Slam Heads Prince of Wales Stakes
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Sircat Sally Faces Stiff Test in San Clemente
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery