Whata Brainstorm saved ground along the hedge under jockey John Velazquez before swinging out for the stretch run en route to winning Sunday's $250,000 Pan American Handicap (gr. IIT) on a firm turf course at Gulfstream Park. Whata Brainstorm completed the 1 1/2 miles in 2:23.75 -- three-fifths of a second off the course record -- after running the final quarter-mile in :23.75.
Jayeff B Stables' homebred 3-year-old Ciro remained unbeaten in North America, winning the $150,000 Lawrence Realization Handicap (gr. IIIT) by 2 1/2 lengths over Whata Brainstorm Sunday at Belmont Park.
A field of 14 3-year-olds has been entered in the $150,000 Lawrence Realization Handicap (gr. IIIT) Sunday at Belmont Park, with 123-pound highweight Ciro drawing the inside post for the 1 1/2-mile turf race.
Most Popular Stories
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Easthams Re-Launch Legacy Bloodstock
- OH Panel to New Track: No Tellers, No Permit
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Close to VLT Agreements
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Canterbury Releases 2014 Stakes Schedule
- Bill Presented to Expand KTDF Availability
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards