Whata Brainstorm saved ground along the hedge under jockey John Velazquez before swinging out for the stretch run en route to winning Sunday's $250,000 Pan American Handicap (gr. IIT) on a firm turf course at Gulfstream Park. Whata Brainstorm completed the 1 1/2 miles in 2:23.75 -- three-fifths of a second off the course record -- after running the final quarter-mile in :23.75.
Jayeff B Stables' homebred 3-year-old Ciro remained unbeaten in North America, winning the $150,000 Lawrence Realization Handicap (gr. IIIT) by 2 1/2 lengths over Whata Brainstorm Sunday at Belmont Park.
A field of 14 3-year-olds has been entered in the $150,000 Lawrence Realization Handicap (gr. IIIT) Sunday at Belmont Park, with 123-pound highweight Ciro drawing the inside post for the 1 1/2-mile turf race.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Society's Chairman Continues Beating the Odds
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Durkin to Lead Personalized Tours of Hall of Fame
- Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf Berth for Birdie Gold
- Crawdaddy Two-For-Two After NYSS Score
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita