Whata Brainstorm saved ground along the hedge under jockey John Velazquez before swinging out for the stretch run en route to winning Sunday's $250,000 Pan American Handicap (gr. IIT) on a firm turf course at Gulfstream Park. Whata Brainstorm completed the 1 1/2 miles in 2:23.75 -- three-fifths of a second off the course record -- after running the final quarter-mile in :23.75.
Jayeff B Stables' homebred 3-year-old Ciro remained unbeaten in North America, winning the $150,000 Lawrence Realization Handicap (gr. IIIT) by 2 1/2 lengths over Whata Brainstorm Sunday at Belmont Park.
A field of 14 3-year-olds has been entered in the $150,000 Lawrence Realization Handicap (gr. IIIT) Sunday at Belmont Park, with 123-pound highweight Ciro drawing the inside post for the 1 1/2-mile turf race.
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- THS: Santa Anita H. & San Felipe S.
- Haskin: Another Opportunity For Wise Dan
- Who Will Win the Big 'Cap Showdown?
- Bayern Out of San Felipe With Bruised Quarter
- Epic Rematch Set for Santa Anita Handicap
- Bond Holder to Florida Clinic for Monitoring
- Sherman Keeps Ticking With California Chrome
- Shippers Head Wide-Open Honeybee
- 191 Nominated to Toyota Blue Grass Stakes