Whata Brainstorm saved ground along the hedge under jockey John Velazquez before swinging out for the stretch run en route to winning Sunday's $250,000 Pan American Handicap (gr. IIT) on a firm turf course at Gulfstream Park. Whata Brainstorm completed the 1 1/2 miles in 2:23.75 -- three-fifths of a second off the course record -- after running the final quarter-mile in :23.75.
Jayeff B Stables' homebred 3-year-old Ciro remained unbeaten in North America, winning the $150,000 Lawrence Realization Handicap (gr. IIIT) by 2 1/2 lengths over Whata Brainstorm Sunday at Belmont Park.
A field of 14 3-year-olds has been entered in the $150,000 Lawrence Realization Handicap (gr. IIIT) Sunday at Belmont Park, with 123-pound highweight Ciro drawing the inside post for the 1 1/2-mile turf race.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Interest Sold, May Race Again
- 'Chrome' Eyes BC Classic, Bayern Has Options
- Beholder Fires Bullet for Zenyatta Defense
- Guillot, Jerkens Like Chances in Gold Cup
- Shared Belief Works Toward Awesome Again
- Wise Dan Preps for Shadwell Turf Mile
- Believe You Can to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Twirling Candy Colt Leads Tattersalls Sale
- Suffolk Downs Adds Race Day for Tribute
- Fasig-Tipton Catalogs 1,236 for October Sale