Whata Brainstorm saved ground along the hedge under jockey John Velazquez before swinging out for the stretch run en route to winning Sunday's $250,000 Pan American Handicap (gr. IIT) on a firm turf course at Gulfstream Park. Whata Brainstorm completed the 1 1/2 miles in 2:23.75 -- three-fifths of a second off the course record -- after running the final quarter-mile in :23.75.
Jayeff B Stables' homebred 3-year-old Ciro remained unbeaten in North America, winning the $150,000 Lawrence Realization Handicap (gr. IIIT) by 2 1/2 lengths over Whata Brainstorm Sunday at Belmont Park.
A field of 14 3-year-olds has been entered in the $150,000 Lawrence Realization Handicap (gr. IIIT) Sunday at Belmont Park, with 123-pound highweight Ciro drawing the inside post for the 1 1/2-mile turf race.
Most Popular Stories
- Judge Rules Veitch Improperly Dismissed
- Cigar Mile As 'Stallion Maker'
- Preparing for Breeding Season
- Frivolous Posts Falls City Handicap Upset
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Finnegans Wake Prevails in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Salutos Amigos Rallies to Win Fall Highweight
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Daddy D T Tops Cecil B. DeMille Stakes
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw