Whata Brainstorm saved ground along the hedge under jockey John Velazquez before swinging out for the stretch run en route to winning Sunday's $250,000 Pan American Handicap (gr. IIT) on a firm turf course at Gulfstream Park. Whata Brainstorm completed the 1 1/2 miles in 2:23.75 -- three-fifths of a second off the course record -- after running the final quarter-mile in :23.75.
Jayeff B Stables' homebred 3-year-old Ciro remained unbeaten in North America, winning the $150,000 Lawrence Realization Handicap (gr. IIIT) by 2 1/2 lengths over Whata Brainstorm Sunday at Belmont Park.
A field of 14 3-year-olds has been entered in the $150,000 Lawrence Realization Handicap (gr. IIIT) Sunday at Belmont Park, with 123-pound highweight Ciro drawing the inside post for the 1 1/2-mile turf race.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Reporting Star to Again Try Sunshine Millions Turf
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- Dr. Zic Among 36 Added to Fasig-Tipton Winter Mixed