Fabulous Strike, carrying high weight of 136 pounds, led from start to finish for a 1 1/2-length triumph in the $111,200 Fall Highweight Handicap, the Thanksgiving Day feature at Aqueduct.
Idiot Proof will try to rebound from a poor Breeders Cup performance in the Fall Highweight Handicap Nov. 27 at Aqueduct.
Making his first start in more than 17 months, the multiple graded stakes winner Songster ran third as the favorite in a six-furlong optional claiming allowance race at muddy Aqueduct Nov. 6.
The $300,000 Maryland Million Classic, headline event of the 23rd annual showcase for the offspring of Maryland sires Oct. 4, drew the top three finishers from the race last year, including defending champion Evil Storm.
Seven rivals will look to knock off Lazy F Ranch's red-hot Chatain March 8 in the $200,000 Richter Scale Sprint Handicap (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park.
Keyed Entry has not raced since June 9, when he bore out on the turn in the six-furlong True North Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park. Making his first start since returning from a five-month layoff, the 5-year-old son of Honour and Glory carries highweight of 118 in the Jan. 5 Mr. Prospector Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park.
Grand Champion emerged the head winner of a three-way blanket finish in the $109,200 Fall Highweight Handicap at Aqueduct Nov. 22.
Grand Champion appears to have landed in the perfect spot to earn his first open stakes win in the $100,000 Fall Highweight Handicap at Aqueduct Nov. 22.
Most Popular Stories
- Lady Eli Heads Brown's Belmont Oaks Hand
- Kentuckian Tops Los Alamitos Derby Field
- Divisidero, Bolo Meet in Deep Belmont Derby
- Texas Red Provides Dwyer Stakes Star Power
- Classic Winner Tonalist Towers Over Suburban
- Miss Ella, 'Silver' Back for Victory Ride
- Grade I Winners Meet in Belmont Sprint
- Twining Dies in Japan at Age 24
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Red Rifle Rallies to Dominion Day Victory