Two weeks after demolishing a field of optional claimers, Craig Singer's homebred filly Salty Strike became a graded stakes winner, as she returned to Churchill Downs June 4 to take the Dogwood (gr. III) by 3 3/4 lengths.
Of the eight entrants drawn for the $100,000 Aristides Stakes (gr. III), not only do all of them have one-turn wins at Churchill Downs, but six of them have stakes wins over the track.
Turbulent Descent, a winner of a pair of grade I races in California, ships into Lexington to lead a field of six in the $150,000 Beaumont (gr. II) April 17 at Keeneland.
If she wasn't the favorite for the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) before, Kathmanblu certainly made a strong case on Feb. 19, as she came from off the pace to win her third consecutive stakes in the $147,000 Rachel Alexandra (gr. III)
On Feb. 19, Kathmanblu will take a major step toward the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) when topping a field seven 3-year-old fillies in the $150,000 Rachel Alexandra Stakes (gr. III) at Fair Grounds.
After finishing second to Gourmet Dinner in the $1 million Delta Downs Jackpot (gr. III), Decisive Moment returned to Louisiana to score a resounding victory in the $250,000 Jean Lafitte Stakes on Jan. 14.
Kathmanblu, a close third in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf (gr. IIT) earlier this month, proved her versatility by defeating six rivals on the main track in the $163,800 Golden Rod (gr. II) Nov. 27 at Churchill.
Even-money choice Dancinginherdreams charged through an opening at the rail and romped to victory in the $165,450 Pocahontas Stakes (gr. II) on the opening day of the Churchill Downs fall meet Oct. 31.
Maybesomaybenot, who won the Sanford (gr. II) this summer before tailing off in his last two, will carry top weight of 123 pounds in the $100,000 Iroquois Stakes (gr. II) on opening day of the Churchill Downs fall meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Laurel Park to Introduce Fans to Ownership Experience
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf