Georgie Boy, winless in two previous races, broke his maiden in style Wednesday at Del Mar with a decisive triumph under jockey Mike Smith in the featured $140,050 Graduation Stakes for California-bred 2-year-olds.
Harris Farms' Spot the Diplomat, the 8-5 favorite under Del Mar's defending riding champion Victor Espinoza, held on resolutely through the stretch to win Wednesday's $133,400 Graduation Stakes for California-bred 2-year-olds.
Cecil N. Peacock's Don'tsellmeshort broke sharply under jockey Patrick Valenzuela and never looked back while scoring a gate-to-wire triumph in Wednesday's featured $125,000 Graduation Stakes for California-bred 2-year-olds.
A field of nine 2-year-old Cal-bred males is entered for Wednesday's $125,000 Graduation Stakes at 5 1/2 furlongs on Del Mar's main track.
Mike Pegram's Icecoldbeeratreds broke alertly and was never headed in winning the $125,000 Graduation Stakes for 2-year-old California breds Wednesday in stakes-record time at Del Mar.
A field of nine, including an entry owned by Heinz Steinmann and trained by Mike Harrington, is set to go in Wednesday's $125,000 Graduation Stakes at Del Mar. The race, at 5 1/2 furlongs, is for 2-year-old males bred in California.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup
- Trakus Coming to Some Australian Racecourses
- Trainer D'Amato's Success Long Time in Coming