Florida and Arkansas illustrate the challenges in obtaining uniformity. read blog
The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders' Association held its annual board and member meetings Aug. 8 at the Gideon Putnam Hotel in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
The Office of the Inspector General has been called in to investigate a mix-up in a maiden race at Ellis Park, said Kentucky Racing Authority chairman Bill Street. The Kentucky Racing Authority met Aug. 16 at the Kentucky Horse Park.
The American Graded Stakes Committee, which is administered by the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association, will implement its plan of stringent drug testing for all graded stakes beginning in July 2004.
The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association announced today the appointment of John Phillips to the American Graded Stakes Committee in place of New York Racing Association chairman Barry Schwartz. Phillips will serve out the remaining two years of Schwartz's term.
When the Sept. 1 Miami Mile Breeders' Cup Handicap came off the turf, it also lost its grade III status. After a review by the American Graded Stakes Committee, it has been reinstated.
The American Graded Stakes Committee received industry support for its new drug testing protocol Friday and adopted a new rule that will force tracks to up the ante to keep the grade I status of some of its races.
The American Graded Stakes Committee has issued warning letters to racetracks that present nearly every grade 1 stakes for 3-year-olds, advising them that the races would be downgraded for 2004 unless field quality improves.
Most Popular Stories
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Gains Posted as Doncaster Premier Sale Ends
- Miss Behaviour Cuts Back for Prioress Run
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Clearly Now Faces Class Field in Forego
- Tritap, a Son of Tapit, to Heritage Stallions
- OH Thoroughbred Tracks Seek 293 Dates in 2015
- Fourth Washington Park for Mister Marti Gras