New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has signed legislation authorizing an additional 1% of purse money payments to the New York Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association.
Saying the bill would have expanded gambling in Indiana, Gov. Mike Pence has vetoed a bill that would have allowed state residents to use advance deposit wagering to bet on horse races.
The New York Racing Association announced Sept. 24 the current composition of its 2008 board of directors. Ten of 11 governmental appointments to the board have been made and all 14 NYRA elected seats have been filled.
- By Dan Liebman
Kentucky Democratic gubernatorial candidate Steve Beshear, speaking before an enthusiastic group of horse owners and breeders Sept. 6, said he will not only work to get a casino measure passed by the state legislature but should that happen, will travel the state to promote passage of the measure.
By Ben Chandler -- Both Kentucky gubernatorial candidates were posed the following question: "Why should the horse industry in Kentucky support you for governor?" Here is the response by candidate Ben Chandler.
By Ernie Fletcher -- Both Kentucky gubernatorial candidates were posed the following question: "Why should the horse industry in Kentucky support you for governor?" Here is the response by candidate Ernie Fletcher.
Former Illinois Gov. Jim Edgar has been appointed to the Youbet.com board of directors effective Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Millionaire Grade I Winner Dads Caps Retired
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Del Mar Critics Speak Out at CHRB Meeting
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Weak OBS August Sale Fails to Recover
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Veitch's Suspension Sent Back to KHRC