The Illinois General Assembly has approved and sent to Gov. Rod Blagovich a bill that will extend the diversion to horse racing of 3% of revenues from the state's four highest-grossing riverboat casinos. The provision is estimated to be worth as much as $30 million a year and by law is divided 60% for purses and 40% for tracks.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- NYRA Budget Passes, But Not Without Debate