Though a measure to expand gambling in New Hampshire and open the door to the possible return of live racing at Rockingham Park failed in the state legislature in May, the prime sponsor of the bill said he will try again.
Testimony on legislation that would authorize casino gambling in New Hampshire began April 16.
New Hampshire edged closer to the expansion of gambling when the Senate Ways and Means Committee voted 4-1 on Mar. 5 to approve a bill that would authorize a single, high-end casino along the state's southern border.
While testifying first before the New Hampshire Senate Ways and Means committee and saying the time to move forward on expanded gambling is now, Gov. Maggie Hassan urged lawmakers Feb. 19 to support Senate Bill 152.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Suffolk Casino Project to be Put to New Vote
- Arqana Sale Closes With Records