A bill allowing for three resort casinos and a slots-only facility has widespread support in the legislature. Suffolk Downs is seen as the front runner for one of the gaming licenses.
Massachusetts Speaker of the House Robert DeLeo said Feb. 2 House lawmakers could vote on legislation to expand gambling before the end of the year -- the surest signal yet that casinos or slot machines may be coming to the state.
Most Popular Stories
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- Turfway Cancels Card Because of Weather
- Silver Returns to New York Racing Association
- Rise Up Scores for Late Sire Rockport Harbor
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Equine Sector Helps Boost KY Ag Receipts
- Chasing Landaluce