Swagger Stick, nominated to the Arlington Million (gr. IT) next month by trainer Graham Motion, gets the opportunity to prove himself on the Chicago-area track's turf course in Sunday's $200,000 Stars and Stripes Breeders' Cup Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) at 12 furlongs.
Rapid Proof brings the best form into Monday's $100,000-added Louisville Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs. But he must answer a major distance question if he is to defeat six rivals in the 1 3/8-mile event on the Matt Winn Turf Course.
Sabiango got a wake-up call from jockey Brice Blanc after briefly surrendering the lead and the German-bred responded powerfully in the drive to register a three-length win in the $200,000 Kentucky Cup Turf (gr. IIIT) at Kentucky Downs Saturday, the featured event in the track's turf festival.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- TAA Benefits Greatly From Preakness Weekend
- NYRA Privatization Bill Filed