Swagger Stick, nominated to the Arlington Million (gr. IT) next month by trainer Graham Motion, gets the opportunity to prove himself on the Chicago-area track's turf course in Sunday's $200,000 Stars and Stripes Breeders' Cup Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) at 12 furlongs.
Rapid Proof brings the best form into Monday's $100,000-added Louisville Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs. But he must answer a major distance question if he is to defeat six rivals in the 1 3/8-mile event on the Matt Winn Turf Course.
Sabiango got a wake-up call from jockey Brice Blanc after briefly surrendering the lead and the German-bred responded powerfully in the drive to register a three-length win in the $200,000 Kentucky Cup Turf (gr. IIIT) at Kentucky Downs Saturday, the featured event in the track's turf festival.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Bullheaded Boy First Winner for Bullsbay
- Hawthorne Drops Race Dates, Cuts Fall Stakes
- King's Bishop Likely Option for Wildcat Red
- Makari Wins Smithwick for Voss Murray
- First Winner for Sire Concord Point
- Dayatthespa, Big Blue Kitten on Whitney Card
- Catalano, On Mend, Gets Arlington Win 1,000