Swagger Stick, nominated to the Arlington Million (gr. IT) next month by trainer Graham Motion, gets the opportunity to prove himself on the Chicago-area track's turf course in Sunday's $200,000 Stars and Stripes Breeders' Cup Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) at 12 furlongs.
Rapid Proof brings the best form into Monday's $100,000-added Louisville Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs. But he must answer a major distance question if he is to defeat six rivals in the 1 3/8-mile event on the Matt Winn Turf Course.
Sabiango got a wake-up call from jockey Brice Blanc after briefly surrendering the lead and the German-bred responded powerfully in the drive to register a three-length win in the $200,000 Kentucky Cup Turf (gr. IIIT) at Kentucky Downs Saturday, the featured event in the track's turf festival.
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Chapa's Fine Increased to $100,000
- California Chrome 'Tight Enough' for Dubai
- American Pharoah Adds Another Bullet Work
- Live Chat - Friday, March 6 at NOON EST
- Toast of New York Out of Dubai World Cup
- That Handicapping Show: Santa Anita Handicap
- Belardo, Hootenanny Among Guineas Nominees
- Compromise Possible for Racing in Virginia
- Convictions in Billion-Dollar Bookmaking Case
- Saratoga Study Touts Impact of VLT Revenue