Woodbine Entertainment will soon have its slot machine casinos open around the clock on Fridays and Saturdays beginning April 1. The Toronto area racetrack also will extend its hours of operation during the rest of the week by two hours a day.
Expanded distribution of Woodbine Entertainment Group's Thoroughbred and harness races and larger fields generated by higher purses helped increase the company's total handle for the year by 11.1%. The all sources handle for Thoroughbred and Standardbred racing was a record $1.36 billion.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Speedy in Final Work for San Vicente
- Farm Innovates With Online Videos
- Stormdriver Upstages Favorites in Louisiana
- F-T Offers Final Mixed Sale of the Year
- Songbird Untouchable in Las Virgenes
- Mshawish Dazzles in Donn Handicap
- Hoppertunity Edges Imperative in San Antonio
- Mor Spirit Secures Robert B. Lewis Score
- El Niño Could Present Triple Crown Challenge
- Lukes Alley Takes Gulfstream Park Turf