A filly by Montjeu topped the select portion of the Deauville sale Monday in France, with a final bid of 580,000 euros (about $710,000).
By Ray Paulick -- The Jockey Club of England reiterated its call for "increased transparency in bloodstock transactions"; the Belmont Stakes on NBC was reality television at its best.
The market was significantly up at the 2003 Tattersalls Houghton Sale at Newmarket, England, with the average advancing by 17% to 266,727 guineas and the median by 25% to 200,000 guineas, both new records for the premier yearling auction in Europe.
Last year's 26,055,700 guineas total Tattersalls October Yearling Sale turnover was passed Thursday night in Newmarket, England, and the record aggregate of 32,256,200 guineas achieved in 2000 could be reached with two more days to go.
Most Popular Stories
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Paco Lopez Rides Winner No. 2,000
- Bangkok Upsets Melmich in Valedictory
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- 'Chance' First Black-Type Winner for Skipshot
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm