A filly by Montjeu topped the select portion of the Deauville sale Monday in France, with a final bid of 580,000 euros (about $710,000).
By Ray Paulick -- The Jockey Club of England reiterated its call for "increased transparency in bloodstock transactions"; the Belmont Stakes on NBC was reality television at its best.
The market was significantly up at the 2003 Tattersalls Houghton Sale at Newmarket, England, with the average advancing by 17% to 266,727 guineas and the median by 25% to 200,000 guineas, both new records for the premier yearling auction in Europe.
Last year's 26,055,700 guineas total Tattersalls October Yearling Sale turnover was passed Thursday night in Newmarket, England, and the record aggregate of 32,256,200 guineas achieved in 2000 could be reached with two more days to go.
Most Popular Stories
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Slideshow: 2015 Kentucky Derby Day
- International Star Scratched from the Derby
- Lovely Maria Easily Captures Kentucky Oaks
- Zayat Compliments Churchill on Treatment
- El Kabeir Scratched From Kentucky Derby
- Finnegans Wake Flies Home, Takes Turf Classic
- CDI Reports Record $194.3M in Derby Day Bets
- Tonalist Surges to Win Westchester Stakes
- Private Zone Delivers in Churchill Downs