A filly by Montjeu topped the select portion of the Deauville sale Monday in France, with a final bid of 580,000 euros (about $710,000).
By Ray Paulick -- The Jockey Club of England reiterated its call for "increased transparency in bloodstock transactions"; the Belmont Stakes on NBC was reality television at its best.
The market was significantly up at the 2003 Tattersalls Houghton Sale at Newmarket, England, with the average advancing by 17% to 266,727 guineas and the median by 25% to 200,000 guineas, both new records for the premier yearling auction in Europe.
Last year's 26,055,700 guineas total Tattersalls October Yearling Sale turnover was passed Thursday night in Newmarket, England, and the record aggregate of 32,256,200 guineas achieved in 2000 could be reached with two more days to go.
Most Popular Stories
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- OK-Bred GI Winner Clever Trevor Dies at 31
- HKJC Executive to Give Round Table Keynote
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga