A filly by Montjeu topped the select portion of the Deauville sale Monday in France, with a final bid of 580,000 euros (about $710,000).
By Ray Paulick -- The Jockey Club of England reiterated its call for "increased transparency in bloodstock transactions"; the Belmont Stakes on NBC was reality television at its best.
The market was significantly up at the 2003 Tattersalls Houghton Sale at Newmarket, England, with the average advancing by 17% to 266,727 guineas and the median by 25% to 200,000 guineas, both new records for the premier yearling auction in Europe.
Last year's 26,055,700 guineas total Tattersalls October Yearling Sale turnover was passed Thursday night in Newmarket, England, and the record aggregate of 32,256,200 guineas achieved in 2000 could be reached with two more days to go.
Most Popular Stories
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Smith Has Calming Influence on Tom's Tribute
- BC, NBC Extend Media Rights Deal 10 Years
- Lameness Knocks Magician Out of BC Turf
- Pleasantly Perfect Sold to Stand in Turkey
- Silver Charm Pensioned, Returning to Kentucky
- Free as a Bird Refuses to Fly, Out of Cup
- BC 2014: Shared Belief at Santa Anita
- Jury Fails to Reach Verdict in Mare Case
- Zenyatta: Champion Mother