Fillies led the way on opening day of New Zealand Bloodstock's National weanling sale May 11, bringing the three top prices.
The highly anticipated sale of a half brother to 2012 Sportingbet W. S. Cox Plate (Aus-I) winner Ocean Park highlighted the second and final session of New Zealand Bloodstock's premier yearling sale Jan. 29 at Karaka.
Total revenues and average price shows gains at the opening session of New Zealand Bloodstock's premier yearling sale at Karaka Jan. 28, which was led by a Fastnet Rock colt bought for $1,975,500 ($1,637,550 U.S.).
A Duporth colt brought NZ$105,000 ($83,474 in U.S. funds) to top the opening day of New Zealand Bloodstock's national weanling and broodmare sale May 7 at Karaka in New Zealand.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Observations, Strategy, and Wagers
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Derby by the Speed Numbers
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Routine, Quiet Oaks Morning on Backside
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite