Kentucky-based horseman Roderick Wachman secured a Medaglia d'Oro colt for $230,000 (US$180,276), the highest price at the platinum session for weanlings at the Inglis Australian broodmare and weanling sale May 3.
The William Inglis & Son Easter yearling sale's first session ended its three-day run April 7 in Australia with an average price of Aust$239,484 ($248,642 in U.S. funds) that was up 8.6% from a year ago.
Stakes winner Little Miss Marnie, who is in foal to Fusaichi Pegasus, sold for Aust$120,000 Friday at the William Inglis & Son winter mixed sale in Sydney, Australia.
Most Popular Stories
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Motion Hopes to Stay Hot in Matriarch
- Anchor Down Retired to Gainesway
- Ellis Historical Racing to Exacta Systems
- V. E. Day Retired to Waldorf Farm