Kentucky-based horseman Roderick Wachman secured a Medaglia d'Oro colt for $230,000 (US$180,276), the highest price at the platinum session for weanlings at the Inglis Australian broodmare and weanling sale May 3.
The William Inglis & Son Easter yearling sale's first session ended its three-day run April 7 in Australia with an average price of Aust$239,484 ($248,642 in U.S. funds) that was up 8.6% from a year ago.
Stakes winner Little Miss Marnie, who is in foal to Fusaichi Pegasus, sold for Aust$120,000 Friday at the William Inglis & Son winter mixed sale in Sydney, Australia.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Crawdaddy Two-For-Two After NYSS Score
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory