Mine That Bird, who is looking for his first victory since romping in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), indicated his sharpness for the Oct. 10 Goodwood Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. I) by working five furlongs in 1:00 1/5 at Santa Anita Park.
Dottie Ingordo has served as racing manager for Jerome and Ann Moss for more than 25 years. For her, one of the most exciting parts of the Thoroughbred business is watching a homebred weanling develop into a winning racehorse.
Tiago loves Santa Anita, no matter the surface. In his first start at the Arcadia, Calif., track since winning the Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) on the old dirt track April 7, the 3-year-old colt delivered a desperate nose victory over the unlucky Awesome Gem in the $520,000 Goodwood Breeders' Cup (gr. I) on the new Cushion Track Sept. 29.
Dan Borislow, owner of Toccet, said the son of Awesome Again is scheduled to fly to Santa Anita tomorrow, where he will prep for the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) in the Goodwood Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) on Oct. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- No Belmont Stakes for Conquest Curlinate
- Willcox Inn Suffers Fatal Paddock Accident
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Galloping
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- NY Bill Could End Exercise Riders' Insurance
- Moreno Seeks First SoCal Win in Californian
- Keen Ice Breezes Nicely; 'Pharoah' Walks
- Brown Sends Two West for American Oaks
- BC Sprint Winner Work All Week Returns at CD