Private Zone, runner-up to Flat Out in the 2013 edition of the Cigar Mile Handicap (gr. I), returned Nov. 29 to claim victory going wire to wire in the $753,750 event at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Good Friend Stable's Private Zone, in his second start of the year, ran strongly to just pass Dads Cap at the wire to take the $400,000 Vosburgh Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 27 at Belmont Park.
Private Zone, who had been ticketed for the $500,000 Donn Handicap (gr. I) on Feb. 9, has been turned out in Bradbury, Calif. Meanwhile, grade III winner Romansh will open his 2014 campaign in the Gulfstream Park event.
Grade I winner Private Zone worked four furlongs on the Santa Anita Park main track Oct. 17 in a bullet :45 4/5 with regular rider Martin Pedroza aboard as he prepares for the $1.5 million Xpressbet Breeders' Cup Sprint.
Southern California shipper Private Zone outfought favored Justin Phillip to win the $400,000 Vosburgh Invitational Stakes (gr. I) Sept. 28 by a neck at Belmont Park.
Canadian classic winner Golden Moka's story involves a crippled jockey who sees something in a cheap Panamanian 2yo; a stallion that has struggled to meet expectations; and a female family with a long and proud tradition.
Undefeated Golden Moka, a Panamanian invader owned by by disabled jockey Rene Douglas as part of Good Friends Stable, drew off for a 2 3/4-length win in the $482,600 Prince of Wales Stakes at Fort Erie July 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- New York Stallion Series On Tap at Aqueduct
- Spotted Heart Upsets MD Filly Championship
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory