David P. Reynolds, who bred and raced 1994 Preakness Stakes (gr. I) and Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Tabasco Cat with W.T. Young, died Monday at the VCU Medical Center in Richmond, Va.
New York-breds thunder into the spotlight Sunday at Belmont Park with another renewal of the New York Stallion Stakes' Spectacular Bid and Cupecoy's Joy Divisions, and trainer Gary Contessa will take a shot at winning both races.
Grade II winner Good and Tough, sire of a pair of stakes winners this year, has been purchased by a partnership and will stand at Elite Thoroughbreds near Folsom, La.
Undefeated Maddalena disposed of her stablemate Portsea on the turn and romped to victory in her stakes debut for trainer Todd Pletcher in the $100,000 Old Hat (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
It was Ladies Day at Saturday's under tack show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s March juvenile auction, with fillies turning in the fastest works in Central Florida.
A chestnut filly sired by grade II winner Good and Tough zipped an eighth of a mile in a quick 9 4/5 seconds as she posted the fastest time at the distance during Sunday's Under Tack show for Fasig-Tipton Florida selected sale of 2-year-olds in training that will be held at Calder Race Course on Feb. 24.
Grade II winner Good and Tough's first winner came April 12 when Parisiennne won at three furlongs at Gulfstream Park
Good and Tough will stand the 2002 breeding season at Lakland North near Hudson, N.Y.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- Obviously Targets Del Mar Mile Three-Peat
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- CHRB Amends Fee Scale for Losing Jockeys
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- Big Blue Kitten Back in Jersey's Cliff Hanger
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015
- Seaway Draws Well-Balanced Field of 11