Gone Fishin, a graded stakes winning son of Honor Grades, will enter stud in 2007 at Hillside Thoroughbreds in Niagara, Ontario, Canada.
Dubai Golden Shaheen (UAE-I) repeat winner Caller One, currently in Singapore preparing for a race there on May 11, may make his follow-up start in England during the Royal Ascot meet. The Jim Chapman trainee is one of four American horses pre-entered in the Golden Jubilee Stakes (Eng-I), a six-furlong turf dash for horses 3-year-old and older.
The top three finishers from last year's $100,000 Aegon Turf Sprint Stakes -- Morluc, Testify, and Texas Glitter -- are again entered in the five-furlong turf dash set to be renewed Friday at Churchill Downs.
Dogwood Stable's graded stakes winner Gone Fishin has been retired from racing. Five-year-old Gone Fishin (Honor Grades--Exangular Lady, by Exuberant) won four of 27 races and earned $283,782
Though dismissed by the bettors, 21-1 longshot Pavillon proved best on the track Monday in winning the $150,000 Red Bank Handicap (gr. IIIT) by a neck before a crowd of 17,741 at Monmouth Park.
Texas Glitter remained perfect while racing on turf, leading all the way to win the $100,000 Laurel Dash Stakes (gr. IIIT) by a nose Saturday at Laurel Park.
Arthur I. Appleton's homebred Forbidden Apple collared pacesetter Affirmed Success in the stretch en route to winning the $250,000 Kelso Handicap (gr. IIT) by a neck Sunday at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Phipps, Gaines, Winn Named 2017 Pillars of the Turf
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Laurel Stakes Schedule Features $1.6 Million in Purses
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million
- Agent O'Neill Bullish on Stallion Orb
- Phipps Family to Receive Inaugural Dinny Phipps Award
- McCraken Back on Work Tab After Derby Disappointment
- Thunder Snow, Churchill Face Off in Irish 2,000 Guineas
- What's Going On Here: The Pay Off