Six furlongs looks to be right in the wheelhouse of Silent Treat as the two-time stakes winners looks to add the Ontario Fashion Stakes to her portfolio in a 10-horse field.
Lael Stables' Ageless showed her sprinting prowess on turf for the third straight time this season when taking the $142,111 Royal North Stakes (Can-IIIT) in a course-record equaling time on the turf July 27 at Woodbine.
With half the field likely to be gunning for the lead, the set-up seems ideal for the confirmed closing mare Ageless in the $150,000 Royal North Stakes (Can-IIIT) on the Woodbine turf July 27.
The last time John Oxley's Spring in the Air dropped back to a sprint after a series of two-turn races, she won the seven-furlong Fury Stakes at Woodbine. She'll make her 2014 debut in the six-furlong Whimsical April 26.
A pair of grade III winners in Acting Naughty and Youcan'tcatchme headline the Nov. 2 Ontario Fashion Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine.
Six 2-year-old fillies, including favored Southern California invader Mechaya, are set to contest the $150,000 Glorious Song Stakes Nov. 11 at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Business as Usual for J Boys Echo in Derby Breeze
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move