Classic winner Wild Desert has been relocated to Susan Kayne's Unbridled Stable near Greenville, N.Y., where he will stand for $3,000.
Oprah Winney, a grade II-winning daughter of Royal Academy, has been retired from racing and booked to Ghostzapper.
Mid-Atlantic invader Bill Place easily won Monday's 23rd running of the $66,062 Jimmy Winkfield – Aqueduct's Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day feature for 3-year-olds.
Grade I winner Sis City has been retired from racing for broodmare purposes at Robert and Janice McNair's Stonerside Stable near Paris, Ky.
Queen's Plate winner Wild Desert, who was upset in the recent Prince of Wales Stakes, worked five furlongs in a sharp :59 3/5 over the main track at Saratoga Tuesday in preparation for the $1-million Travers Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 27.
Carson Hollow, New York's 2002 Horse of the Year, suffered a chip in her left knee and might miss the remainder of the year. She is scheduled to undergo surgery at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington, Ky.
Moments after 3-year-old filly Cyber Secret's win in the Jan. 26 Busanda, owner Sanford Goldfarb served notice about an upcoming event to those in the winner's circle: "February 8th, mark your calendars, Torre And Zim runs in the Whirlaway!" he warned.
Most Popular Stories
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- Keeneland to Handle VinMar Dispersal
- Review: Spa Surface Not Factor in Fatalities
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- BH 100: Rapping at Derby's Door
- PA-Breds, Cathryn Sophia Head Parx Program
- Aftercare: The Challenges of Tracking Horses
- Infographic: All Time Leading Earners 2016
- Rich Tapestry's Korea Sprint Start in Doubt