Revved Up and Soldier's Dancer, who staged a stirring stretch battle in the Bonnie Heath Turf Cup at Calder Race Course one month ago, square off again in the $200,000 W.L. McKnight Handicap (gr. IIT) Dec. 15.
Actin Good, a lightly raced 3-year-old gelded son of Yes It's True, has the advantage of being the lone graded stakes winner in the $100,000 Fred W. Hooper Handicap (gr. III) Dec. 15 at Calder Race Course, and drew the outside post in the 1 1/8-mile event on the main track.
The Nov. 10 Red Smith Handicap (gr. IIT) at Aqueduct will be run at a demanding 1 3/8 miles. The turf race also will prove to be a challenge to handicappers.
While most starters in the Sept. 22 Kentucky Cup Turf Stakes (gr. III) will stretch out to tackle the race's 1 1/2 miles, Marty Wolfson trainee Golden Strategy has the distance more than covered.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- Broadcast Honors for Santa Anita, NYRA