The former Irish Derby (Ire-I) victor Grey Swallow delivered a devastating punch in the stretch to leave his opponents far behind in the $250,000 Jim Murray Memorial Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Hollywood Park turf Saturday.
Irish Derby (Ire-I) champion Grey Swallow heads a field of six in Saturday's $250,000 Jim Murray Memorial Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Hollywood Park turf.
Tadahiro Hotehama's homebred T.H. Approval, looking for his first victory since last year's San Juan Capistrano Invitational Handicap (gr. IIT) for trainer Eduardo Inda, is the 117-pound high weight in a field of 13 entered for Sunday's closing day marathon fixture at Santa Anita Park.
King's Drama, winner of the Sword Dancer (gr. IT) at 12 furlongs on turf at Saratoga last August, will carry high weight of 122 pounds in Saturday's San Luis Rey Handicap (gr. IIT) at the same distance over the Santa Anita turf.
Golden Rahy swung off the rail while striding out powerfully through the lane to collar the favorite Wild Buddy in the final strides and win the marathon $100,000 Carleton F. Burke Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Santa Anita turf course Sunday during the Oak Tree meeting.
Debuting trainer Leonard Powell, 27, plans to send out his first starter, Labirinto, in the $250,000 Hollywood Turf Cup, a grade I test at 12 furlongs at Hollywood Park on Nov. 22. "I've got to start somewhere," said Powell with a chuckle.
The scariest thing about trainer Bobby Frankel setting a North American single-season earnings record on Halloween is that there are still two months left in 2003.
Most Popular Stories
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Ben's Cat Set for 10-Year-Old Debut
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Nyquist Jogs in Advance of Final Derby Work
- First Winner for Caleb's Posse at Gulfstream
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Sherman Seeks California Chrome Stakes Upset
- Horse Caucus Takes Testimony on Drug Bill
- Mad Flatter Euthanized After Accident
- Espinoza Back for More in Kentucky Derby