The winner of the 27th edition of the Aug. 8 Arlington Million (gr. IT) will receive an automatic invitation to participate in the $5.6 million Japan Cup (Jpn-I) Nov. 29 at Tokyo Racecourse, it was announced by the Japan Racing Association.
U.S. millionaires Golden Pheasant and Tight Spot will take up stallion duty in China
There are many questions going into Sunday's 21st running of the Japan Cup (Jpn-I), whose nearly $4-million purse makes it one of the world's richest races. But first and foremost on the minds of many American racing fans is whether or not the four-horse U.S. contingent can break a 10-year victory drought in the 2,400 meter turf race.
Millionaire Golden Pheasant, who won the 1991 Japan Cup (Jpn-I) and began his stud career in Japan, will be sent to China for stallion duty at Long Tou Farm near Beijing.
Most Popular Stories
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Miss Mossman Surprises in New Zealand Oaks
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts
- Dissident, Appearance Win at Royal Randwick
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Trainer Chuck Treece Collects 1,000th Win
- Apprentice Boulanger Guides in First Winner
- Lexington Tracks Eye Instant Racing Licenses
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- WV Racing, Breeding Take 10% Revenue Hit