The winner of the 27th edition of the Aug. 8 Arlington Million (gr. IT) will receive an automatic invitation to participate in the $5.6 million Japan Cup (Jpn-I) Nov. 29 at Tokyo Racecourse, it was announced by the Japan Racing Association.
U.S. millionaires Golden Pheasant and Tight Spot will take up stallion duty in China
There are many questions going into Sunday's 21st running of the Japan Cup (Jpn-I), whose nearly $4-million purse makes it one of the world's richest races. But first and foremost on the minds of many American racing fans is whether or not the four-horse U.S. contingent can break a 10-year victory drought in the 2,400 meter turf race.
Millionaire Golden Pheasant, who won the 1991 Japan Cup (Jpn-I) and began his stud career in Japan, will be sent to China for stallion duty at Long Tou Farm near Beijing.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees