Newmarket-based Richard O'Gorman, now an important member of Sheikh Mohammed's Darley team, provided the highlight on day three of Goffs' Orby Sale in Co Kildare, Ireland, on Wednesday.
Dimitrova, winner of the second running of the $750,000 American Oaks Saturday, is scheduled to be flown back to Ireland this week but could return this autumn for the Matriarch (gr. IT), trainer Dermot Weld said. Weld won the Matriarch last year with Dress To Thrill.
French imports Liska and Welcome Millenium worked on the Hollywood Park turf Sunday in preparation for the second running of the $750,000 American Oaks at 1 1/4 miles on grass Saturday.
Hollywood Park Racing secretary Martin Panza has invited 14 fillies to the second running of the $750,000 American Oaks for 3-year-old fillies at 1 1/4 mile on turf July 5.
Trainer Laura de Seroux raised her stakes-leading total to four with Azeri's victory in the $250,000 Vanity Handicap (gr. I) Saturday and seeks to add to those numbers during the next two weeks of the Hollywood Park spring/summer meet.
Germany's Meridiana upset Godolphin's Lady Catherine by 1 1/4 length Sunday in the Italian Oaks (Italy-I) over 1 3/8 mile at San Siro in Milan Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup
- Trakus Coming to Some Australian Racecourses
- Trainer D'Amato's Success Long Time in Coming