New York-bred Stormy's Majesty took over on the far turn and never looked back, scoring by two lengths for his first graded-stakes victory in the $100,000 Discovery Handicap (gr. III) Nov. 20 at Aqueduct.
Prince of Wales Stakes winner Golden Moka, who had his unbeaten streak snapped last time out, will try to rebound in the $100,000 Discovery Handicap (gr. III) Nov. 20 at Aqueduct.
Driven wide into the homestretch by jockey Jesse Campbell, Apart methodically mowed his rivals down to win the $500,000 Super Derby (gr. II) by 1 1/2 lengths for his first graded stakes win Sept. 25 at Louisiana Downs.
Hurricane Ike blows into Bossier City, La., as the morning line favorite for the $500,000 Super Derby (gr. II) at Louisiana Downs Sept. 25.
Canadian classic winner Golden Moka's story involves a crippled jockey who sees something in a cheap Panamanian 2yo; a stallion that has struggled to meet expectations; and a female family with a long and proud tradition.
Undefeated Golden Moka, a Panamanian invader owned by by disabled jockey Rene Douglas as part of Good Friends Stable, drew off for a 2 3/4-length win in the $482,600 Prince of Wales Stakes at Fort Erie July 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Lexie Lou Headlines Victoriana Stakes
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- What's Going On Here: Sporting Gestures
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Oaklawn Strengthening 2017 Handicap Division
- PNGI Reports Increased Earnings for Quarter
- AHC Plans Economic Impact Study for 2017