New York-bred Stormy's Majesty took over on the far turn and never looked back, scoring by two lengths for his first graded-stakes victory in the $100,000 Discovery Handicap (gr. III) Nov. 20 at Aqueduct.
Prince of Wales Stakes winner Golden Moka, who had his unbeaten streak snapped last time out, will try to rebound in the $100,000 Discovery Handicap (gr. III) Nov. 20 at Aqueduct.
Driven wide into the homestretch by jockey Jesse Campbell, Apart methodically mowed his rivals down to win the $500,000 Super Derby (gr. II) by 1 1/2 lengths for his first graded stakes win Sept. 25 at Louisiana Downs.
Hurricane Ike blows into Bossier City, La., as the morning line favorite for the $500,000 Super Derby (gr. II) at Louisiana Downs Sept. 25.
Canadian classic winner Golden Moka's story involves a crippled jockey who sees something in a cheap Panamanian 2yo; a stallion that has struggled to meet expectations; and a female family with a long and proud tradition.
Undefeated Golden Moka, a Panamanian invader owned by by disabled jockey Rene Douglas as part of Good Friends Stable, drew off for a 2 3/4-length win in the $482,600 Prince of Wales Stakes at Fort Erie July 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Lightstream Rallies to Win Raven Run
- Royal Posse Sails Clear in Empire Classic
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Admirals War Chest Repeats MD Million Classic
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Hoppertunity, Melatonin Breeze for Classic
- Monarchos' Greatness Was Cut Way Too Short