Carthage crashed Lost in the Fog's welcome back party. The former claimer defeated last year's champion sprinter by three lengths Saturday in the $100,000 Oakland Tribune Golden Gate Fields Sprint.
Lost in the Fog, the nation's champion sprinter last year, will carry 125 pounds when he faces four rivals Saturday in his 2006 debut in the $100,000 Oakland Tribune Golden Gate Fields Sprint.
The $400,000 San Francisco Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IIT), the richest race in Northern California, is one of eight six-figure stakes that Golden Gate Fields has scheduled for its 2006 spring meeting. The 65-day season begins Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Bettys Bambino Wins Daytona in Stakes Debut
- Gentildonna Goes Out On Top in Career Finale
- Main Sequence Arrives in Florida for Winter
- Posse Offspring Take Pair of NY-Bred Stakes
- Cowtown Cat Moves to Ohio's Mapleton for 2015
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely