Carthage crashed Lost in the Fog's welcome back party. The former claimer defeated last year's champion sprinter by three lengths Saturday in the $100,000 Oakland Tribune Golden Gate Fields Sprint.
Lost in the Fog, the nation's champion sprinter last year, will carry 125 pounds when he faces four rivals Saturday in his 2006 debut in the $100,000 Oakland Tribune Golden Gate Fields Sprint.
The $400,000 San Francisco Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IIT), the richest race in Northern California, is one of eight six-figure stakes that Golden Gate Fields has scheduled for its 2006 spring meeting. The 65-day season begins Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Second Summer catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies