Carthage crashed Lost in the Fog's welcome back party. The former claimer defeated last year's champion sprinter by three lengths Saturday in the $100,000 Oakland Tribune Golden Gate Fields Sprint.
Lost in the Fog, the nation's champion sprinter last year, will carry 125 pounds when he faces four rivals Saturday in his 2006 debut in the $100,000 Oakland Tribune Golden Gate Fields Sprint.
The $400,000 San Francisco Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IIT), the richest race in Northern California, is one of eight six-figure stakes that Golden Gate Fields has scheduled for its 2006 spring meeting. The 65-day season begins Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund, Other CA Shippers Arrive at CD
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Three to Represent New York in Derby
- The Pharoah Show Gets Rave Reviews
- Possessed, Take Issue Win NY Stallion Stakes
- Ready's Image Filly Tops Breezes for LA Sale
- Social Inclusion Second in 2015 Debut
- Three Derby Hopefuls Have Derby-Winning Sires
- Puca Works Four Furlongs in Oaks Prep
- Jones Fillies Drill for Kentucky Oaks