Colts by Claiborne's War Front and Gainesway's leading sire Tapit led the way as Keeneland September's Book 1 posted significant increases in average and median prices. Sellers are hopeful gains carry into week two.
Here is a selection of noteworthy pedigrees for yearlings set to sell at Keeneland's September auction Thursday, Sept. 11, the final day of Book 1.
Contested overcame a flat-footed start and closed from slightly off the pace to win the $500,000 Test Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 25, nabbing her second grade I victory in New York this year.
The promising filly Contested disposed of pacesetter Good Deed near mid-stretch and cruised to victory in the $110,000 Eight Belles (gr. III), her stakes debut for trainer Bob Baffert May 4 at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Racing Leaders: Triple Crown Would Lift Sport
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- Stewart 'Feeling Good' About Tale of Verve