Colts by Claiborne's War Front and Gainesway's leading sire Tapit led the way as Keeneland September's Book 1 posted significant increases in average and median prices. Sellers are hopeful gains carry into week two.
Here is a selection of noteworthy pedigrees for yearlings set to sell at Keeneland's September auction Thursday, Sept. 11, the final day of Book 1.
Contested overcame a flat-footed start and closed from slightly off the pace to win the $500,000 Test Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 25, nabbing her second grade I victory in New York this year.
The promising filly Contested disposed of pacesetter Good Deed near mid-stretch and cruised to victory in the $110,000 Eight Belles (gr. III), her stakes debut for trainer Bob Baffert May 4 at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun
- Delta Bluesman Aims to Repeat in Smile Sprint