Colts by Claiborne's War Front and Gainesway's leading sire Tapit led the way as Keeneland September's Book 1 posted significant increases in average and median prices. Sellers are hopeful gains carry into week two.
Here is a selection of noteworthy pedigrees for yearlings set to sell at Keeneland's September auction Thursday, Sept. 11, the final day of Book 1.
Contested overcame a flat-footed start and closed from slightly off the pace to win the $500,000 Test Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 25, nabbing her second grade I victory in New York this year.
The promising filly Contested disposed of pacesetter Good Deed near mid-stretch and cruised to victory in the $110,000 Eight Belles (gr. III), her stakes debut for trainer Bob Baffert May 4 at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- KY-Bred Ryans Charm Scores Repeat in Peru GI
- Into Mischief Filly MHBA Yearling Show Champ