Unbridled Classy, a daughter of Be Like Mike, and an Officer filly each covered an eighth of a mile in :10 1/5, turning in the fastest works for the distance at Lone Star Park March 29 during the under-tack show for the Fasig-Tipton Texas sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Gold Legend, an 18-year-old half-brother to Dayjur (by Seattle Slew), will stand the 2009 season at Pierre Esquirol's Esquirol Farms in Alberta, Canada for $2,500 (Canadian funds).
A young mare by Gold Legend, in foal to Bernstein, was the only lot to bring six figures Nov. 13, another session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale that saw a significant decline in business.
Two-year-old gelding Gold Coyote stole the show on Lone Star Park's seventh annual "Stars of Texas" program with a jaw-dropping 10-length romp over Spark Plug in the $125,000 Staunch Avenger division of the Texas Stallion Stakes Saturday.
Mona Rose and jockey Eurico Rosa da Silva combined for the first stakes wins of their careers at Woodbine Saturday, upsetting Inish Glora in the $212,450 Dance Smartly (Can-III).
Gold Legend will move to Clarence and Dorothy Scharbauer's Valor Farm near Pilot Point, Texas, for the 2002 breeding season.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland September Sale Sees More Gains
- California Chrome Arrives at Parx Racing
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- Is California Chrome Vulnerable in PA Derby?
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact