Unbridled Classy, a daughter of Be Like Mike, and an Officer filly each covered an eighth of a mile in :10 1/5, turning in the fastest works for the distance at Lone Star Park March 29 during the under-tack show for the Fasig-Tipton Texas sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Gold Legend, an 18-year-old half-brother to Dayjur (by Seattle Slew), will stand the 2009 season at Pierre Esquirol's Esquirol Farms in Alberta, Canada for $2,500 (Canadian funds).
A young mare by Gold Legend, in foal to Bernstein, was the only lot to bring six figures Nov. 13, another session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale that saw a significant decline in business.
Two-year-old gelding Gold Coyote stole the show on Lone Star Park's seventh annual "Stars of Texas" program with a jaw-dropping 10-length romp over Spark Plug in the $125,000 Staunch Avenger division of the Texas Stallion Stakes Saturday.
Mona Rose and jockey Eurico Rosa da Silva combined for the first stakes wins of their careers at Woodbine Saturday, upsetting Inish Glora in the $212,450 Dance Smartly (Can-III).
Gold Legend will move to Clarence and Dorothy Scharbauer's Valor Farm near Pilot Point, Texas, for the 2002 breeding season.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Gold Cup Day
- Zayat Pinhooking Venture Returns Large Profit
- Graded Stakes Winner Destin Set for 2017 Debut
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Familiar Faces Highlight New York Showcase
- Litfin: Gold Cup Figures to Set up Well for Accelerate
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park