Signs of Blessing set the pace and was virtually unchallenged through the final furlong for a clear win the Prix Maurice de Gheest (Fr-I), a race that was marred by the fatal breakdown of former Hong Kong champion miler Gold-Fun Aug. 7 at Deauville.
Twilight Son was all out to prevail in a tight five-horse finish June 18 in the Diamond Jubilee (Eng-I), the closing day feature at Royal Ascot while last year's winner Undrafted was unplaced.
Former Hong Kong Horse of the Year Military Attack scored a narrow victory Nov. 21 at Sha Tin in the Longines Jockey Club Cup (HK-II), the main prep for next month's Longines Hong Kong Cup (HK-I).
Imperious in his previous three starts, Able Friend was even more impressive March 15 in winning the first international edition of Queen's Silver Jubilee Cup (HK-I) at Sha Tin.
Able Friend, Hong Kong's highest-rated horse, takes on 10 opponents, including top-class Irish runner Gordon Lord Byron, for the first international edition of the Queen's Silver Jubilee Cup March 15 at Sha Tin.
Flintshire, a bridesmaid in the Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe and the Breeders' Cup Turf, finally got to the altar in the Longines Hong Kong Vase Dec. 14 at Sha Tin Racecourse.
Designs On Rome was named Hong Kong Horse of the Year of the 2013-14 during ceremonies July 4.
Glorious Days, in his first start since June, came running down the middle of the track to win the Longines Hong Kong Mile (HK-I) by three-quarters of a length over Gold-Fun Dec. 8 at Sha Tin.
Most Popular Stories
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Millionaire Grade I Winner Dads Caps Retired
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Del Mar Critics Speak Out at CHRB Meeting
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- Weak OBS August Sale Fails to Recover
- Veitch's Suspension Sent Back to KHRC