Heritage of Gold began her 6-year-old campaign the same way she started her 5-year-old season – defeating Lu Ravi in the Oaklawn Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III). The one-two finishers from last year's renewal of the $200,000 race duplicated their performances Sunday at Oaklawn Park. This year the exacta returned $9.60.
Jostle took the lead on the far turn and galloped to a 4 1/2-length victory Saturday in the $200,000 Cotillion Handicap (gr. II) at Philadelphia Park. Ridden by Mike Smith, Jostle lagged behind the pace for much of the 1 1/16 miles before making her move on the far turn, proving herself the best in the field of seven 3-year-olds fillies.
Jostle heads the $200,000 Cotillion Handicap (gr. II) at Philadelphia Park Saturday. The 3-year-old daughter of Brocco will face seven other sophomore fillies as the 124 pound highweight, conceding from eight to 13 pounds to her rivals in the 1 1/16-mile race.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Keeneland Catalogs 1,892 for January Sale
- Jockey Club Opposes Multiple Violator Changes
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Symposium Documents Racing's Racino Problem
- Sunbean Seeks Third Louisiana Classic Win