Cot Campbell tells the tale of Leslie Combs and Los Angeles socialite Dolly Green during a high-flying evening at the 1980 Keeneland July yearling sale. read blog
Until recently, Bear Now seems ideally suited for racing and Canada and only a marginally successful runner in the United States. Well, the Fitz Dixon Cotillion Handicap (gr. II) changed everything. At Philadelphia Park in the Cotillion, Bear Now took command from the start, turned back a challenge from Octave " arguably the leading active member of the division in the absence of her stable companion Rags to Riches " and drew away again for a two lengths tally. As it turns out, this filly's family is full of surprises.
If the 2007 racing season ended right now, it would be hard to argue against Kodiak Kowboy as the champion 2-year-old male. With four straight wins under his girth, he is the most accomplished colt to emerge so far this season. Kodiak Kowboy is by Posse, who has has five stakes winners so far from 59 named foals of racing age, 29 of which have started and 13 have won. Three of Posse's stakes winners are out of mares from the Mr. Prospector sire line. Another pattern that has been frequently tried with Posse is inbreeding to Northern Dancer.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Byron Hughes is Farm Manager of the Year
- Game Sole Power Finds Gap Late in Nunthorpe
- Pat O'Brien Deja Vu for Fed Biz, Goldencents
- BHA Levies Heavy Penalties Against Three
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern
- Stryker Phd Smart Choice in Longacres Mile
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays