Tarabilla Farms' Melatonin, now three-for-three at Santa Anita Park in 2016 after his second grade I win of the year June 25 in the Gold Cup, came out of the 1 1/4-mile race in good order, according to trainer David Hofmans June 26.
Tarabilla Farms' Melatonin clinched his second grade I of the year June 25 in the $500,000 Gold Cup at Santa Anita.
If the 1 1/4 miles truly is his sweet spot, Melatonin should be primed for another big run in the $500,000 Gold Cup at Santa Anita (gr. I) June 25, a "Win and You're In" event for the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I).
With the $500,000 Gold Cup at Santa Anita (gr. I) to serve as the highlight, Santa Anita Park's 2016 spring meeting is set to run May 5 through July 10.
Claire Novak and Tom LaMarra handicap the competitive looking field of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita Stakes. watch video
J. Keeler Johnson handicaps the Gold Cup at Santa Anita (gr. I). read blog
Grade III winner Majestic Harbor, nearing a start in the $500,000 Gold Cup at Santa Anita (gr. I), worked five furlongs the morning of June 22 in a bullet :58 4/5 under regular rider Tyler Baze.
Trevor Denman, the voice of Santa Anita Park for more than 30 years, will take time off in the month of June to "freshen up" before returning to call the Gold Cup at Santa Anita (gr. I) on closing weekend June 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- NY Alters Rules on Claims, Some Medications
- Gift Box, Connect, Swipe Entered in Curlin
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Long On Value Too Tough in Lucky Coin Stakes