Last after a half-mile, Stuart Janney III and Phipps Stable's Criminologist began her assault on the lead into the final turn and needed only half the stretch to strike the front, as the 5-year-old mare won by a measured half-length under John Velazquez in the $100,000 Beaugay Handicap (gr. IIIT) April 26 on the Aqueduct turf.
Full of Gold outclassed his rivals and was an impressive two length winner of the Criterium de Saint-Cloud (Fr-I) Nov. 11. The race marked the last group I event of the European flat season.
Alexander Goldrun dug in resolutely and repelled the challenge of Chelsea Rose to record her second consecutive victory in the Audi Pretty Polly Stakes (Ire-I) at The Curragh on Saturday.
Back on top of her game, favored Alexander Goldrun rallied from last to first down the center of the straight to capture the Audi Pretty Polly Stakes (Ire-I) at The Curragh Saturday.
Alexander Goldrun headed Grey Lilas one hundred yards from the wire and edged away for a one-length victory in the Prix de l'Opera (Fr-I) for fillies and mares at Longchamp Sunday.
The Tattersalls July mixed auction ended with a flourish Thursday in England when Italian group III winner Clifden shattered a sale record for a 2-year-old with his price of 170,000 guineas (approximately $292,526).
Most Popular Stories
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Field Favored at Close of Derby Wager Pool 3
- Far From Over Interest Sold, Wood Next
- Rebel Still Possibilty for Take Charge Brandi
- Dortmund, Lord Nelson Set for San Felipe
- The Big Beast Sharp in Winning Return
- Daredevil Still Ready for Rescheduled Swale
- Cavalryman Dies After Injury at Meydan
- El Kabeir Breezes for Gotham
- French Group I Winner Creator Dies at 29