There are 450 horses cataloged for the two-day Goffs Orby sale, Ireland's premier yearling sale, set for Sept. 30-Oct. 1 in Co. Kildare, Ireland.
The lure of valuable sale races helped Ireland's premier yearling auction put a couple of disappointing recent renewals behind itself with a hugely successful revamped Goffs Orby Million Sale Sept. 26-28.
Goffs' Orby Sale of yearlings finished Oct. 1 with a low-key session. The five-day sale returned figures with the average and gross down but the median up.
A great granddaughter of legendary broodmare Height Of Fashion led the way at the fourth and penultimate session of Goffs' Orby Sale in County Kildare, Ireland, on Thursday .
Agent John Ferguson, representing Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum, outbid agent John Warren to acquire a Dubai Millennium colt for 1.2-million Euros (about $1,373,965) to top the opening session of the Goff's Orby Sale in Ireland on Tuesday.
Following discussions between the two Europea auction companies, Goffs and Tattersalls (Ireland) have agreed to swap the sales dates for the 2003 Goffs Orby and Challenge sale and the Tattersalls (Ireland) September yearling sale.
Trading at Goffs' flagship yearling auction, the Orby Sale, fell just behind the 2001 fixture when the two-day event finished at Kill, Co Kildare, in Ireland on Wednesday evening.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- Compound Pharmacy Has Reinforced Standards
- Vergara Wins Inaugural Apprentice Competition
- Maryland THA Elects 15 Directors
- Travers Favorite Bayern Arrives at Saratoga
- King's Bishop: Coup de Grace vs. Wildcat Red
- Heated Rivalry Rekindled in Del Mar Handicap
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne