Attendance at Irish racecourses reached an all-time record of 1.43 million and the total value of bloodstock sales at public auction grew by 28.7% to €145.6 million in 2005, according to statistics released by Horse Racing Ireland.
Newmarket-based Richard O'Gorman, now an important member of Sheikh Mohammed's Darley team, provided the highlight on day three of Goffs' Orby Sale in Co Kildare, Ireland, on Wednesday.
Twenty-eight colts and geldings were guided through public breezes at Sha Tin Racecourse Sunday in preparation for the 2003 Hong Kong International Sale. Drawing plenty of attention for the sale, which will take place Friday, Dec. 12, were three sons of international leading sire Danehill.
Coolmore's John Magnier purchased the session topper at opening day of the Goffs Orby yearling sale Tuesday in Ireland, purchasing a Danzig colt for approximately $2,233,000. The colt was sold by Kilcarn Stud and is the third foal out of Alywow, Canada's Horse of the Year in 1994.
Most Popular Stories
- Filly by The Factor Tops OBS Winter Opener
- Kaigun Makes 2015 Debut in Arcadia Stakes
- The Horse Who Changed the Triple Crown
- Fillies Vie for Grade I Glory in Las Virgenes
- Secret Circle Part of Salty Palos Verdes Cast
- Kentucky Approves Racing License for Blasi
- Testa Rossi Makes Endeavour Return for Brown
- Knee Chip Sidelines Hutcheson Winner Barbados
- Invasor to Uruguay's Haras Cuatro Piedras
- Ocean Knight, Catalina Red Top Sam F. Davis