Attendance at Irish racecourses reached an all-time record of 1.43 million and the total value of bloodstock sales at public auction grew by 28.7% to €145.6 million in 2005, according to statistics released by Horse Racing Ireland.
Newmarket-based Richard O'Gorman, now an important member of Sheikh Mohammed's Darley team, provided the highlight on day three of Goffs' Orby Sale in Co Kildare, Ireland, on Wednesday.
Twenty-eight colts and geldings were guided through public breezes at Sha Tin Racecourse Sunday in preparation for the 2003 Hong Kong International Sale. Drawing plenty of attention for the sale, which will take place Friday, Dec. 12, were three sons of international leading sire Danehill.
Coolmore's John Magnier purchased the session topper at opening day of the Goffs Orby yearling sale Tuesday in Ireland, purchasing a Danzig colt for approximately $2,233,000. The colt was sold by Kilcarn Stud and is the third foal out of Alywow, Canada's Horse of the Year in 1994.
Most Popular Stories
- Gimme Da Lute Holds On in Los Alamitos Derby
- Lady Eli Sparkles in Belmont Oaks
- Private Zone All the Way in Belmont Sprint
- Alliseeisgold Wires Cleveland Gold Cup
- Effinex Outlasts Tonalist at Wire in Suburban
- No Positives in June 2015 Economic Indicators
- Force the Pass Brilliant in Belmont Derby
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Speightster Still Undefeated With Dwyer Win
- Coffee Clique Proves Best in James Penny