This year's Goffs November foal sale saw a record price for a colt when a Dubawi foal brought $1.1 million at the five-day sale that wrapped up Nov. 20.
A colt by Europe's leading freshman sire Zoffany paced the fourth session of the Goffs November Foal Sale Thursday, Nov. 19 in County Kildare, Ireland.
A colt by last year's leading European freshman sire, Lope de Vega, secured the spotlight during the third session of the Goffs November foal sale Nov. 18 in County Kildare, Ireland.
Totals for the four-day auction in Ireland represented a 52% spike compared with last year.
A Rip Van Winkle half brother to Irish classic-winning filly Just The Judge topped the Goffs November foal sale when selling for 420,000 ($566,061 in United States funds) at the final session Nov. 21.
Irish sales company Goffs concluded at successful week of auctions on Nov. 24 in County Kildare, Ireland, with its two-day breeding stock sale posting considerable gains in key economic indicators.
Goffs November Foal sale ended Nov. 22 with increases in the average and median but a decline in the percentage of horses sold.
A colt by Rock of Gibraltar was easily the top lot when he brought 240,000 euros (about $355,000) at the Nov. 21 penultimate session of the Goffs November foal sale in Ireland.
A colt by Danehill Dancer brought the top price of 41,000 euros (approximately $41,340) Tuesday during the first session of the Goffs November foal sale in Ireland.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes