Ireland's flagship yearling auction, the Goffs Million sale, gets under way at Kill in Co. Kildare Sept. 29. There are 657 lots in the catalog, 49 less than last year.
The best was kept to last at the Oct. 2 second session of the Goffs Million sale in County Kildare, Ireland, when--close to the end of play--a daughter of Sadler's Wells became the dearest yearling filly ever to sell at auction in Ireland when she brought 2.4 million euros ($3.39 million).
The three-day Goffs Million Sale opens Oct. 1 at Kildare Paddocks, Kill, Ireland, with a strong line-up of 609 yearlings cataloged.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Late Rally Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- Fair Eva First Stakes Winner for Frankel
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Highland Reel Leads Every Step in King George