Ireland's flagship yearling auction, the Goffs Million sale, gets under way at Kill in Co. Kildare Sept. 29. There are 657 lots in the catalog, 49 less than last year.
The best was kept to last at the Oct. 2 second session of the Goffs Million sale in County Kildare, Ireland, when--close to the end of play--a daughter of Sadler's Wells became the dearest yearling filly ever to sell at auction in Ireland when she brought 2.4 million euros ($3.39 million).
The three-day Goffs Million Sale opens Oct. 1 at Kildare Paddocks, Kill, Ireland, with a strong line-up of 609 yearlings cataloged.
Most Popular Stories
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Brisk Activity Bodes Well for OBS Spring Sale
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- OBS Hips to Watch Include Tapwrit's Half Brother