Ireland's flagship yearling auction, the Goffs Million sale, gets under way at Kill in Co. Kildare Sept. 29. There are 657 lots in the catalog, 49 less than last year.
The best was kept to last at the Oct. 2 second session of the Goffs Million sale in County Kildare, Ireland, when--close to the end of play--a daughter of Sadler's Wells became the dearest yearling filly ever to sell at auction in Ireland when she brought 2.4 million euros ($3.39 million).
The three-day Goffs Million Sale opens Oct. 1 at Kildare Paddocks, Kill, Ireland, with a strong line-up of 609 yearlings cataloged.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby
- Ward: Scope Shows Lady Aurelia Bled
- Connect in Good Shape After PA Derby Win
- Runhappy Logs Final Drill for Return
- Solid Keeneland Sale Ends With Declines