Ireland's flagship yearling auction, the Goffs Million sale, gets under way at Kill in Co. Kildare Sept. 29. There are 657 lots in the catalog, 49 less than last year.
The best was kept to last at the Oct. 2 second session of the Goffs Million sale in County Kildare, Ireland, when--close to the end of play--a daughter of Sadler's Wells became the dearest yearling filly ever to sell at auction in Ireland when she brought 2.4 million euros ($3.39 million).
The three-day Goffs Million Sale opens Oct. 1 at Kildare Paddocks, Kill, Ireland, with a strong line-up of 609 yearlings cataloged.
Most Popular Stories
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- E Dubai Filly Top Pick at MD Yearling Show
- Casse Eyes Second Straight Queen's Plate Win
- KHRC Delays Action on Medication Rules
- Churchill Downs Spring Meet Handle Increases
- Presque Isle Asks State for Guidance on Deer
- Keeneland Expands Fall Meet Stakes Schedule
- Normandy Invasion Set to Return at Delaware
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad
- Lenny's Place: Summer Arrives Edition