Ireland's flagship yearling auction, the Goffs Million sale, gets under way at Kill in Co. Kildare Sept. 29. There are 657 lots in the catalog, 49 less than last year.
The best was kept to last at the Oct. 2 second session of the Goffs Million sale in County Kildare, Ireland, when--close to the end of play--a daughter of Sadler's Wells became the dearest yearling filly ever to sell at auction in Ireland when she brought 2.4 million euros ($3.39 million).
The three-day Goffs Million Sale opens Oct. 1 at Kildare Paddocks, Kill, Ireland, with a strong line-up of 609 yearlings cataloged.
Most Popular Stories
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Tencendur Beats the Rain in Morning Work
- Firing Line Stretches Legs in Derby Breeze
- Keen Ice Warms Up for Derby With Workout
- 'Company' No Issue for El Kabeir in Workout
- International Star Stays Home for Final Work
- Birdatthewire Delivers Smooth Churchill Move
- KY Derby: Jerry Crawford on Keen Ice, Puca
- Kentucky Derby: Trainer Weaver on Tencendur
- Jazdzewski Landed Young Far Right for $2,500