Ireland's premier yearling auction, the Goffs Million sale, recorded its lowest turnover for over 10 years by the time selling concluded at the Co. Kildare, Ireland, vendue Oct. 1.
The key business figures fell short of their 2007 equivalents on the opening day of the Goffs Million yearling sale in County Kildare, Ireland.
Ireland's flagship yearling auction, the Goffs Million sale, gets under way at Kill in Co. Kildare Sept. 29. There are 657 lots in the catalog, 49 less than last year.
London-based agent Charlie Gordon-Watson enjoyed a busy final day of the Goffs Million yearling sale in Ireland Oct. 3, spending 600,000 euros ($845,292) on an Indian Ridge half-brother to Goodwood Cup (gr. II) winner Allegretto.
The Sept. 30 opening session of the Goffs Million yearling sale in Ireland saw a solid trade, but figures fell short of their 2006 equivalents.
Goffs Bloodstock Sales has just released its catalogs for the Million and Sportsman's Yearling Sales catalogues, which have been collectively scaled down to 610 entries from 663 in 2006.
Goffs, the Irish-based bloodstock auction company that is in talks to take over Britain's number two firm, Doncaster Bloodstock Sales, announced on April 30 an extra set of bonuses involving the Goffs Million yearling sale in October.
Most Popular Stories
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Belterra Stakes Dead Heat Follows Churchill
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Magic Millions Weanling Sale Sets Records
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown