River Downs has added the name of Kevin Goemmer, the former announcer at the Ohio racetrack, to a stakes named for one of his favorite racehorses. Goemmer, who most recently worked for Charlson Broadcast Technologies, died earlier this year at the age of 48.
Kevin Goemmer, a longtime track announcer and most recently director of sales and marketing for Charlson Broadcast Technologies, suffered an apparent heart attack and died Jan. 27 in a motor vehicle accident. Goemmer, 48, continued to call races on a fill-in basis, most recently at Turfway Park, and was regarded as one of the best in the business.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Records Fall on Haskell Day at Monmouth Park
- Rachel's Valentina Sparkles in Debut
- 'Maria' Upstages Champ Untapable in Shuvee
- Gimme Da Lute Dominates Real Good Deal
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- Tillson Joins Spendthrift Farm Team
- Texas Red, Frosted Likely to Meet in Travers
- Sharp American Pharoah Ready for Return
- Palace Malice Earns Bullet in Saratoga Breeze