River Downs has added the name of Kevin Goemmer, the former announcer at the Ohio racetrack, to a stakes named for one of his favorite racehorses. Goemmer, who most recently worked for Charlson Broadcast Technologies, died earlier this year at the age of 48.
Kevin Goemmer, a longtime track announcer and most recently director of sales and marketing for Charlson Broadcast Technologies, suffered an apparent heart attack and died Jan. 27 in a motor vehicle accident. Goemmer, 48, continued to call races on a fill-in basis, most recently at Turfway Park, and was regarded as one of the best in the business.
Most Popular Stories
- FDA Sends Warning Letter to Compounding Firm
- Australia Easy Juddmonte International Winner
- Brief Fair Meet at Timonium Begins Aug. 22
- The Jockey Club Elects Six New Members
- RCI Votes Increased Multiple NSAID Penalties
- Haskin: Viva Travers!
- Value in Young Sires at Keeneland September
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Thoro-Graph Products Added to Equibase.com
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes