Godolphin Racing's Crimson Palace found American racing to her liking Saturday, winning the $750,000 Beverly D. (gr. IT) in the closing strides at Arlington Park.
The Irish-bred colt Vespone and the South African-bred mare Crimson Palace, a pair of Godolphin Racing Inc. competitors in Saturday's International Festival of Racing at Arlington Park, turned in easy gallops Monday morning at the suburban Chicago track.
Godolphin Racing Inc.'s Sulamani, adjudged winner of the Arlington Million (gr. IT) two weeks ago, will make his next start in the Turf Classic Invitational Stakes (gr. IT) Sept. 27 at Belmont Park, according to Simon Crisford, racing manager for Godolphin.
Godolphin Racing Inc.'s Sulamani, the Arlington Million (gr. IT) morning line favorite who was suffering from a slight stone bruise Thursday, was back on the Arlington Park track just before dawn Friday morning to a canter once around the oval.
After a Thursday morning drenching, the big news as Arlington Park prepares to host the International Festival of Racing Saturday was the absence of three grade I headliners on the course.
Godolphin Racing Inc.'s Sulamani, the international equine star who is the projected favorite in Saturday's Arlington Million (gr. IT), completed a transatlantic journey at 3 a.m. Sunday by bedding down in Arlington Park's quarantine barn hours before first light.
A wide open field of eight 2-year-olds will battle Saturday in the $75,000 Spectacular Bid Stakes at Arlington Park.
No trainer or jockey has ever won back-to-back renewals of the Arlington Million (gr. I), but German conditioner Andreas Wohler and Austrian jockey Andreas Suborics could change that shortly.
Most Popular Stories
- Invasor to Uruguay's Haras Cuatro Piedras
- Take Charge Brandi Set for Martha Washington
- Xpressbet Offers 'X-Country Pick 4' Feb. 7
- First Reported Foal for Point of Entry
- No Movement on Plans for Calder Barn Area
- Downey Profile: 10 U.S. Noms to UAE Derby
- First Reported Foal for Rattlesnake Bridge
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Australian Vets Support New Racing Rule on Cobalt
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup