Successful Song was supposed to be embarking on a new career as a broodmare by now, but her connections at Live Oak Plantation changed the plan for their homebred daughter of Successful Appeal thanks to her winning ways.
Closing weekend at Belmont Park is highlighted by a pair of grade III races, with both the $150,000 Bold Ruler Handicap and the $150,000 Turnback the Alarm Handicap for fillies and mares set for Oct. 27.
Royal Delta blew It's Tricky away in the $400,000 Beldame Invitational (gr. I) at Belmont Park Sept. 29, drawing off to a 9 1/2-length victory under wraps.
Royal Delta and It's Tricky look to recover from an Aug. 26 Personal Ensign (gr. I) upset and eye year-end honors when they meet for a fifth time Sept. 29 in the $400,000 Beldame Invitational (gr. I) at Belmont Park.
Grade I winner Awesome Maria looked as good as ever romping in the Sabin Stakes (gr. III) last month; Where's Sterling leads the field in the Skip Away. Both races are part of the Florida Derby undercard at Gulfstream Park.
Arena Elvira notched her third straight victory and first in a graded stakes when she pulled away to a 6 3/4-length triumph in the $98,000 Turnback the Alarm Handicap (gr. III) Nov. 4, the opening-day feature at Aqueduct.
The $100,000 Turnback the Alarm Handicap (gr. III) headlines an eight-race live program as racing returns Nov. 4 to Aqueduct Racetrack. The track will also simulcast the first day of the 2011 Breeders Cup.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- Flashy Debut for Royal Delta Half Brother
- 74-Year-Old Horseplayer Wins 2015 NHC Title
- Desormeaux Sets Derby Path for Texas Red
- Sportive Overcomes Fog to Win Portland Mile
- Wildcat Red Sidelined with Back Muscle Pull
- First Reported Foal for Gig Harbor is Colt
- Options Abound for Holy Bull Winner Upstart
- Bob Neumeier Wins Celebrity Challenge at NHC
- Upstart Proves Class in Holy Bull