The first two mares bred to Kaleem Shah's grade II winner Concord Point are in foal.
California shipper Summer Wind Dancer, scratched from Sunday's Milady Handicap (gr. I) at Hollywood Park, tops a field of ten entered in the $750,000 Delaware Handicap (gr. II) at Delaware Park Sunday.
Irish-bred Volga, racing in the finest form of her career, registered a convincing 2 3/4-length win Saturday in the $200,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. IIT) over 1 1/2 miles on the turf at Calder Race Course.
Robert S. Evans' 5-year-old homebred mare New Economy won the $200,000 La Prevoyante Handicap (gr. II) last year and goes for a repeat tally Saturday in the 12-furlong turf test at Calder.
Richard Mandella, who made history by winning four Breeders' Cup races on Oct. 25, closed out the Oak Tree meeting at Santa Anita in style Sunday by winning the $74,150 Avigaition Stakes with 7-5 favorite Crazy Ensign.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- 'Kathy' Prevails in Perfect Sting Thriller
- Jockeys Fined for Whip Violations in SoCal
- Injured Jockey Selman Undergoes Back Surgery
- Got Lucky Surges to Molly Pitcher Victory
- Force Upsets New York Derby
- Oaklawn Improvements Include New Barn
- Filly First Winner for Here Comes Ben
- Pedigree Analysis: Olympia
- Catalog Online for Barretts Select Sale