Elona Whetstone's Mr. Pursuit, fresh off a second-place finish in the Maxxim Gold Cup Handicap at Sam Houston on Jan. 27, is the 118-pound high weight among 11 older horses entered for Saturday's featured $100,000 Essex Handicap (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park.
A.P. Arrow faces a near capacity field of 12 rivals in Saturday's $150,000 Fayette (gr. III) for 3-year-olds and up at 1 1/8 miles on closing day of Keenland's fall meet.
Old favorites Funny Cide and Evening Attire need top efforts to have an impact in an evenly matched 94th running of the $200,000-added Excelsior Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Aqueduct.
Grade I winners Perfect Drift and Total Impact will face rising star Suave and a strong group of 3-year-olds in Friday's 131st running of the $500,000-added Clark Handicap (gr. II) at Churchill Downs.
Dogwood Stable's Vicarage, a dominating 10-length winner of the Perryville Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland, is the 8-5 morning line favorite in Sunday's $100,000-added Ack Ack Handicap (gr. III) at Churchill Downs, the featured event on the opening day of a 21-day fall meet.
My Snookie's Boy, who spent most of the summer chasing Lion Heart in the Long Branch (gr. III) and Haskell Invitational (gr. I) at Monmouth, returns after a freshening for Wednesday's $100,000 Discovery Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/8 miles for 3-year-olds, the season-opening stakes at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland Plans Wide Live Broadcast Coverage
- Untapable Heads Asmussen Workers at Oaklawn
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- Equibase Adds Voided Claim Information
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- From Turf to Dirt, Bolo Targets SA Derby
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Pereira Taken to Hospital After SA Spill